I really love getting to know people through their blogs but it occurred to me that I might not be that easy to get to know through my blog. You know all about my crafty shenanigans but I don’t think I post about myself or get in front of the camera as much as a lot of bloggers do. So I thought I’d do a random facts about me post to help you get to know me a little! Quirks, likes, dislikes, fears, and obsessions! Here we go!
1. I have a completely irrational fear of lizards getting tangled in my hair. It freaks me out that they move so fast but I don’t know why that makes me think that they want to get in my hair.
2. I twirl my hair constantly! Not so much when I wear it curly, but when I straighten it, I can’t stop playing with it.
3. My first job ever was as the Easter bunny in the mall when I was 16. My best friend worked for the photography company responsible for the Easter photo set. I needed the money and it was a job no one wanted, so she got me hired to do it. People kept complaining about how skinny the Easter bunny looked that year.
4. Ska is my favorite type of music! Less Than Jake has been my favorite band for many, many years! A few other favorites are Big D & The Kids Table, General Rudie, Mad Caddies, The Planet Smashers, The Slackers, Streetlight Manifesto.
5. Whenever I order pepperoni pizza, I pick the pepperonis off and eat them first, then the pizza. Whenever I make pizza at home, I eat the pepperonis without even putting them on the pizza.
6. I spent 7 years working as a Photoshop nerd (retouch artist) and love editing photos! I love experimenting with photography and love old/toy cameras. I’m too impatient to wait for film to be developed though so I’d rather use my Hipstamatic app or Photoshop to create a pretty effect.
7. I’m super prone to getting carsick! Windy roads kill me but I also get sick in stop and go traffic. The only way around it is for me to be the driver. I can handle boats or an entire day spent going on roller coasters just fine though!
8. I’m fascinated by taxidermy! I always find myself browsing the taxidermy section on Ebay, trying to figure out whether I like it or think it’s terrible.
9. I love animals! More like obsessed with, actually! I especially enjoy small fuzzy things like squirrels, bunnies, skunks, raccoons, opossums, and hamsters. I can spend hours on YouTube watching videos of them.
10. I love costumes and am drawn to any event that will give me a reason to wear one. This is probably partially why Halloween is my favorite holiday!
11. I go to thrift stores often but rarely ever buy anything. I just really enjoy looking at knick knacks! My best thrift find ever was a $700 Love Sac that I got for $50!
12. When I was a kid, My Little Ponies were my favorite toys. Shortly after high school, I started collecting them off Ebay and within a few years, I had a collection of nearly 400 of them. I only have a few favorites now.
13. Peach is my favorite smell.
14. I usually don’t watch TV unless I’m at someone else’s house (I don’t have a TV by choice), but sometimes I watch a show or two online. My faves are New Girl, The Office, Parks & Recreation, The Walking Dead, & Tosh.0.
15. I carry a huge purse because I feel like I need to carry tons of (probably unecessary) things with me at all times. This seems ridiclous to me but I can’t stop. What’s even more embarassing is that I carry a bag inside of my purse in case I feel the need to carry even more than what fits in my purse!
16. I love exploring abandoned places! I find it fascinating to imagine what a place was like before it was abandoned!
17. Whenever I open a book, the first thing I do is smell it. I love the smell of books but rarely read them.
18. I love tattoos but don’t have any because I’m extremely indecisive and am convinced that I will end up eventually not liking anything I were to get tattooed on me.
19. I love all things that light up. Glow in the dark anything, glow sticks, fiber optics, LED hula hoops, lava lamps, candles, etc.
20. I constantly make to-do lists. I’d never get anything done without them. I usually have a “do immediately” list and a “do sometime in the near future” list.
21. I dislike most holidays aside from Halloween but still celebrate them because everyone around me does.
22. I apply chapstick constantly and get really stressed out if I’m without it! If ever I lose it or leave it at home, acquiring a new one ASAP becomes my first priority.
23. I do not like bacon. Little strips of fat. So gross! Blargh!
24. Bagels and cream cheese are my favorite breakfast food. If I’m out of bagels, I usually won’t eat breakfast.
25. I’m afraid of swimming in the ocean because I feel overpowered by the waves. I used to boogie board when I was a kid but now I usually will only go in up to my waist.
Wanna play? Post 25 random facts on your blog so I can get to know you too!